Stamping, Crafting, Creating

Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Here is my "mock" Christmas card for this year. I decided to do the Easel card technique.....honestly the directions I found made it look harder then it was. It is super easy and only two cuts and two scores.
This is a picture of a close up of the sentiment I am going to be using. Sorry my pictures aren't in order.....I hate they don't come on the screen in the order you uploaded them! I might just have to try doing them individually next time!
I used some SU! green ribbon, and the sentiment is from SU! snow swirled and the "thing" under the sentiment is the big and small SU! tag punch done four times and then I just layered them and butted them up together.

Here is the card when it's laying flat. I used an American Art Stamp for this card but I have since decided to change the image. My coloring on this is horrible but I just wanted to finish it so I had something to physically look at while making my other cards. I cut out snowflakes with Martha Stewart snowflake punch, used a shimmery gold for the background paper, two red sparkly brads, used my new smooch for the big snowflake on the image, copics to color and some stickles on the big and small snowflakes.
Here is the card standing. I really like the easel card!


And a side view!



Okay, I normally wouldn't show pictures like these but most of you think that I don't ever have a mess....well....here it is.....my totally messy work area. This is me getting started on my Christmas cards. Of course it doesn't look like this anymore this morning....just last night while I was trying to come up with how my new cards are going to look....honestly....I can't work in this disaster.....but wanted you all to see....I'm just like you.....I can be messy!!!




Oh, and Melanie your kids gifts are sitting under my desk and do you all see the lovely bag of cherry cordial hershey kisses.....the craft store lady had me totally depressed and I was eating my way back to happiness!!! LOL!














11 comments:

Jennifer said...

April - This card is absolutely lovely! I am really liking the colors & easel design. I may have to try that kind of card now. Great job!!!

Melina said...

Wonderful card! Excellent layout love the easel.

I see the candles in your work area...planning on stamping some for Christmas gifts? :)

Tracey said...

April, your card is so cute. I really love the colors. You have twisted my arm and I am going to try an easel card. Great Job!!!

marsha said...

I absolutely adore this card! It is just scrumptious! I'm itching to try an easel card.

Hugs,
Marsha

JayLynn said...

So very cute!! I just love the snow flakes! I need to try one of these.

Jacquie said...

That is a great card, I find the easel card so easy to make and it's so nice standing up for display.
Don't feel bad about the mess, I have a spare bed, for guests, in my craft space and I sure hope no one needs to use it soon as it is totally covered in all my Christmas projects :)

Peggie said...

What a unique card. It is a great holiday card.

paige said...

Fun card! I love easel cards! I also love the image you used - too fun!

AnnMarie said...

Awesome card! Just beautiful! You made me want to try an easel card now!! Your work space looks awesome! :)

Colleen said...

Thanks for sharing April and I really like the card! I've never made one, but maybe I'll have to try:)

Melanie said...

Is this considered a mess??? LOL, just teasing girl. I love your craft area, it looks so cozy. :) I am totally in love with your Christmas card. It's georgous and your family and friends are going to treasure them throughout the entire holiday season. Beautiful job girl!!