Stamping, Crafting, Creating

Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Hot, hot....burn, burn

I say that....(above)....because I think I burnt the crap out of my fingers a million times last night doing these candles. I love doing them so I decided to make a few for some family members for Christmas. I wanted to get them done early due to the fact that I have to send everything through the mail seeing how we live overseas.
Materials used for these: heat gun, tissue paper, SU! Snow Swirled stamp set, stickles, 3 different shades of blue SU! ink, and some jeweled bling, two different shades of SU! ribbon...oh and wax paper...can't forget that.

I found this little snowflake poem on the internet....I google everything and I just punched in snowflake poems and these came up!


I have done these before but I learned something new last night...you don't want to use the "good" tissue paper. It needs to be the thin, wrinkly stuff....I tried it with a pretty white one side was glossy type tissue paper and it didn't work at all.


13 comments:

marsha said...

This is so elegant, beautiful job!

Hugs,
Marsha

Terria said...

Very pretty you did and amazon job!!

Tracey said...

Very pretty! You did a great job. I have a candle at home and don't have the courage to try this.

Colleen said...

Beautiful candles! I've never tried stickles on them before.

Melanie said...

Girl you have been super busy. Your candles are always so georgous. I love the blue on white. As much as I love traditional Christmas colors I think the blue and white is my fav. So pretty!

Melina said...

Oooo I love these April! I've never used stickles on them either...hmmmmm I've got to do some more now! :)

Jaspere said...

Fabulous gift idea. Love how it turned out.

Jaspere said...

Fabulous gift idea. Love how it turned out.

Jaspere said...

Fabulous gift idea. Love how it turned out.

Jennifer said...

The candles are gorgeous! Just love the snowflakes & colors. That poem is beautiful.

AnnMarie said...

Wow!!! I mean WOW!!! These are absolutely fantastic!!! Gorgeous presents!

paige said...

Beautiful candles! you did an awesome job on these!

Lisa Atha said...

Oh my gosh, this is so pretty! I just may have to case it!

Welcome aboard the Soft Pencil DT, I was excited to be chosen too!

Lisa