Stamping, Crafting, Creating

Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

2009 Christmas Cards

It's official. I have finished my Christmas cards and have most of them in their envelopes ready to hit the mail box. I did 35 of these cards this year. I don't think next year I will take on something that has soooo many layers and takes so much time. Last year I didn't make my own cards and believe it or not I actually heard about it from a lot of people. More people then I thought enjoyed getting their hand-made cards each year so I thought this year I'd try to go above and beyond a bit!
This is Tilda With a Glitter Halo from Magnolia stamps. You can go here to their site and check out all the wonderful images they have. I bought my first Magnolias at the German convention I went to a few months ago and I'm in love with them but until I actually just went to their site, I never ever knew they had sooooo much stuff....images, backgrounds, props, and the list goes on. So check them out.
So lets begin: This is an upclose of Tilda...and I did make her Halo glitter...how could I not. I used my gold stickles and I also used my copic spica pen in the gold for the bursts on the sides of the halo. I colored her with my copics....yes...I colored 35 of these! And I again used the spica pen in green to accent the swirls on her dress. Again stickles were used for her wings.

The DP I used I picked up at my local base craft store and it's by Kaisercraft. I'm not sure what the regular cardstock is I also got that from my base craft store but it's like a cream color, it's very heavy and it glistens a bit. The other color is bravo burgandy from SU!. If you can see in the corners of the layered section I have used Stamping Bellas dots....I just love those things...I believe it's a brownish-copperish color.
I decided to use the easel card technique for my cards this year. I just love the look of these cards and it's great to showcase your hard work!

And this is my saying for the year. It's from an SU! set as well. I used green SU! ribbon and I also used the two SU! tag punches and layered them on top of each other for this look.



And this is the card folded down and ready to be sent out. I hope you enjoy!





19 comments:

Terria said...

These are really cute I love all the patteren papers you used great job I bet everyone will love them.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh My goodness! This is a LOVELY card! Everyone will for sure love these! Wish I was on your card list!!! Thanks for sharing!
Much luv
Heidi

marsha said...

WOW! Thirty-five cards of this detail are a lot! These are exceptional, I am sure all who receive one will be thrilled.

Hugs,
Marsha

Tracey said...

These turned out adorable. You did a great job. I really like the sparkle on the image and the dp.

Jennifer said...

This is gorgeous April! Love everything about it & it truly shows in your card how much talent you have. Great job & hope everyone enjoys their card!!

Melanie said...

Girl these are georgous!!! Your family and friends are going to adore them. I love this image, so precious!!

Kerry said...

Welcome to the Softpencil team!!! Gorgeous easel card!!! Fabulous!!!! You go girl!

Melina said...

Wow! These are fabulous April! You did a great job :)

Oh, I love your new pic at the top...your DD is precious!

Mia said...

I love the easel cards. Your card is beautiful! TFS! :-)

AnnMarie said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! you did an amazing job coloring them too!

Leanne said...

Wow, this card is absolutely amazing, I love it!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Colleen said...

You are very dedicated to make that many cards! They are beautiful! Is there a how-to on the easel card somewhere?

Sue said...

Oh my goodness, April, what a beautiful Christmas card you created and to do 35 of them must have taken you forever! What a surprise those lucky recipients are going to have when they open your easel card delight. So many beautiful details and that Tilda with all her Christmas red just stand out wonderfully. Thanks for sharing your cards with all of us at MDUC. Hope you can come back for another challenge soon so we can see what you're creating.

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job!! Tilda looks sooo sweet sitting there amongst all thise fabulous DPs
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Kellie said...

Gorgeous easel card, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge. xx

Hugs, Kel
MDUC Site Owner.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous card, this tilda is so adorable! Thanks for joining in the MDUC
Kristy xo

stephanne said...

Magnolia is an enchanting company with tons and tons of possibilities indeed!! 35 of these?? You must have been having dreams about it afterwards!! Gorgeous end result though, your family will love them!! Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC, I hope we'll see you back next time around!!
Stephanne

Jodie from Oz said...

Stunning card, Tilda is adorable in these wonderful colours and to make so many fabulous Easel cards, everyone will just love love love them. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under & hope to see you next time.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is the first word that comes to my mind ... I so hope that lady in the craft store is eatting her words ... I LOVE it!!! You put soooo much love into these ... it shows ... I love you ...