Stamping, Crafting, Creating

Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

I can't stop smiling......

Last week I received three cards in the mail. I was so excited. I thought at first, this handwriting is a bit "kiddish" and figured I needed to open them right away.

Backstory: I'm sitting at the post office waiting for my number to be called so I can send off one of my millions of packages and had a ton of my own mail sitting with me. Since I was waiting so long (I ended up waiting 25 minutes) I decided to start opening some of the stuff.


These three wonderful little girls from back in the States sent me/the family cards for our duty in the military. They were doing a project for a group they belong to...can't remember if it was Girl Scouts or what but either way, they wanted to send cards to military memembers. I asked if it would be okay to share these on my blog because I just think they are amazing. I was just sitting at the post office with the biggest grin on my face because the cards made me so happy. It's nice to be thought of and rememebered.


Thank you girls so very very much for sending these cards and brightening my families day! It was a wonderful and thoughtful thing to do!





9 comments:

Jaspere said...

What fun. That is such a great idea for the kids. I'm sure they are all well received too.

Moira said...

Awesome!

When I did my first teaching practicum I had my class send "Postcards for Peace" to members of the CDN Military - I think it is such a fabulous program and it is nice to hear the other side of it!

Melanie said...

This brought a HUGE smile to my face. What an amazing gesture!!

AnnMarie said...

These are awesome, April! Really warms your heart! : )

Tracey said...

This is awesome, made me so happy and smile.

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww, that was very sweet!!! Tooo cute :)***smiles***

Angie Williams said...

I think I would have been in line with tears! So cute!

=o) kel said...

april this is such wonderful mail to get!! so happy for you!!

lovies, =o) kel

Anonymous said...

Aren't these girls so sweet ... I received some too and had to do some searching on SCS to find out where they had come from ... TFS!!!