Stamping, Crafting, Creating

Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Frustrated

I have not done a single scrapbook page in almost 2 years. Yes, that's right.....2 years. Once I packed up all my things for our move to Germany, I unpacked them, set everything up and didn't do much of anything for a while. Moving here was a HUGE culture shock and getting used to things here took me a while. To top it all off, Rodney and I decided we were ready to have another baby....what were we thinking......so my pregnancy was HORRIBLE! I was sooooooooo sick the entire time so once again, my stuff just sat there being unloved! Well, Rodney left for Iraq 3 1/2 months ago and I finally decided I needed to get my things out and start using them more....kind to keep me busy. My BFF told me to join the DSS on Splitcoast and I did. It turned out great for me. It got me back into crafting again and I had a wonderful big and little sister. So I started to get really involved with SCS and am doing some swaps. I am all caught up so I figured, I really need to get back into scrapbooking.
OMG.......let's just say I feel it takes a different part of the brain to do scrapbooking verses, card making/crafting. My page turned out like crap! And it takes some concentration too and, well, when you have a 3 1/2 year old wanting to have his little nose in every single thing you are doing you tend to lose your concentration a bit. Plus I share my craft room with Jodus and Leila, it is there play room too so to get things out I had to "try" to step over mounds of toys. GRRRRRR! Let's just say from now on I am going to be scrapbooking after bedtime! I was so distracted and irritated that I just couldn't get it together. Plus I think you just need to be in the flow to scrapbook, or to craft or to stamp cards and seeing how I hadn't made a page in 2 years I totally was not in the flow!
Well, I just thought I would share my afternoon of fun times with you! Or....not so fun times!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh gosh girl I feel you. Since I don't have my own craft room/toy room I use our kitchen table. Last night Mitch wanted to help me stamp some images. OH MY GOSH!! I finally just quit. I was trying to swap out some images for a swap I'm hosting, I pray the girls get what they are supposed to. I was so distracted!! That is why I love the scrapbook page swaps because I can create 1 page of the same layout but get all different back. Then it's just pop the pics on and go. :)

Michelle said...

I hope all goes well for you while your DH is gone! It's hard to be separated when there's little ones at home! I hope you're able to enjoy some of Germany and the other great countries around there! We were stationed there 2003 - 2005 before we were pulled home a year early because they needed my DH in a special position at the Pentagon! Darn!