Stamping, Crafting, Creating

Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Great Impressions Friday

Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a nice Friday! I am "suppose" to be getting ready to give my first Scentsy home party and I'm avoiding getting ready! I'm nervous. I haven't done this in a really long time! So instead I'm blogging!!!
Today is my day over at Great Impressions to post and I decided to use a silhouette image called Frolicking Trio. I don't use silhouette's much because I'm never sure "how" to use them besides to make them black so I remembered I had perfect pearls and got them out and this is what I came up with!
I also want to let you know that after many months of hard hard work the Great Impressions Website is now open for business and for the rest of this month you can get a 10% discount on your order. For more details on that visit the Great Impressions blog ;-)

So basically to use the perfect pearls I just inked up my image with my versamark (as if I'm going to emboss) and then daubed the perfect pearls on the image. After that to "set" the powder I just sprayed some water in the air and wafted the image under it (don't you love my terms today...lol). This was my first time doing it and you can see some shadowing around the image that isn't suppose to be there but I don't think it looks too bad...almost like I meant to do it!



The flower is handmade and I also applied perfect pearls to it as well. See...I always have a way to get my sparkle on my cards!!!
Posted by Picasa

Products Used:
Image~Great Impressions Frolicking Trio
CS~SU!
DP~We are Memory Keepers
Rhinestones~Kaiserscrapbook
Versamark
Perfect Pearls
Gem~SU!
Stickable butterflies

Challenges Entered:
PaperCrafting Journey~#3 Make it cute
Fab n' Funky Challenges~#108 Try something new (using the perfect pearls)
Anything Goes Challenges~#60 Bingo (make your own flowers, your choice, bling)

4 comments:

emma mitchell said...

I love this card , fab colours too
Thank you for joining us at anything goes challenge blog
Emma xx

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card,fabulous image.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Anything Goes this week.xxx

Jessie Lubyk said...

Great card...love the frolicking girls (kind of takes me back to my childhood). Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey for Make it Cute!

Wendy said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the colours....Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx