Stamping, Crafting, Creating

Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Kit Challenge

Wow...our little blog group decided, thanks to Melina, that we were going to do a little competition. We split those that wanted to participate into two groups. Each group has one of it's members each month pick a theme for that month and make kits according to that theme to send to the rest of it's group memebers. Then we all need to make cards with those kits and then post them on our blogs on a certain day...today is that day!
This month was Melanie and I's month...I can't wait to see what her group did for kits. Our theme was sizzling summer. I decided for my group to go a different route with the theme and decided to use one of my fabulous Sweet Pea stamps (that I purchased at Paper Jewels). I have had a few of these images for a while now and have been to intimidated by them to give them a try but I figured....it's time to try the image and make everyone else in my group try it too...LOL! So this is my take on sizzling summer!

Materials used:
Image~Sweet Pea~Rising Flame
Sentiment~Stamping Bella
CS~SU!
Ribbon~SU!
Copics
Stickles
SU! ink

Challenges Entered:
Totally Paper Crafts~#30~summery (my interpertation of summery...hot)

12 comments:

JayLynn said...

This is so gorgeous! I love that paper and your colouring is so lovely :)

Melina said...

Gorgeous!!! Great kit April :)

Melanie said...

Girl this is awesome, you did a super amazing job and gave your group a perfect challenge. Very nice!!!

AnnMarie said...

Excellent card and excellent card kit! You did a super, kick-butt job! :)

Craft Paper said...

What an awesome card and it sure does sizzle!! Great kit!!!

Sue said...

Hi April
beautiful card, gorgeous colouring, fab paper,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Terria said...

Beautiful I love the touch of stickles

Anonymous said...

April, I am impressed with this card ... AND the kit ... makes me wish I would have signed up!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Lesley said...

Wow, you did an awesome job! Love it!

Colleen said...

Love this! Fantastic coloring:)

marsha said...

Wowzer! You did a fantastic job = she is totally gorgeous!
Hugs, Marsha

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi April! Your card is gorgeous!